Production Quality Lead
Location: Chicago, IL
Nurture Life, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, is a subscription service that prepares wholesome, nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric dietitian collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our passion is to impact the healthy development of children and revolutionize mealtime for families.
We are looking for a Production Quality Lead who is passionate about ensuring that all of our meals are produced with the highest quality standards during all levels of product movement. Nurture Life is a rapidly growing startup in the foodtech industry lead by a team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do. If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging environment with strong career growth opportunities, please apply to join our team.
- Providing customers a phenomenal experience every time
- Sourcing and producing the highest quality products
- Investing in our people, our greatest asset
Your days will consist of…
Conducting Quality Assurance audits of our meals ensuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Ensuring quality standards for meal plating, sealing, labeling and inventory process. Consulting with production team members and management to resolve any quality and efficiency problems. Taking ownership and a hands on approach to training of all production staff with an emphasis on quality standards. This description reflects essential functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ensure GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) on the production floor.
- Verifying correct ingredients are being used and ensuring correct portion amount for the specific ingredients are being used per recipe standard.
- Conducting plating, sealing and labeling quality checks.
- Educate and instruct production facility personnel during all levels of product movement. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
- Consult with production managers and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
- Function as an information source for production team when quality issues arise.
- Assist in development of special department projects and work in conjunction with Production Managers and FSQA Department.
- Assists with new hire and continuous training for all production personnel.
- Strive to accomplish goals of the production facility plan, consistent with established manufacturing, quality and safety procedures.
- Follow company food safety and quality policies and requirements.
- Assists with traceability of product in production.
- Performs duties of production staff, as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
We’d love for you to…
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Experience with USDA, FDA, SQF, GFSI, OSHA & GMP
- Have 2+ years quality assurance experience in great food manufacturing facilities or high volume kitchens
- Have a HACCP certification and experience in a HACCP certified facility
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks
- Be self-motivated and work well without close supervision
- Possess excellent coaching, training, communication and planning skills
- Be entrepreneurial and share great ideas no matter how out there they may sound
- Hold the ability to stand for long periods of time, push or pull 50 lbs & carry 25 lbs
We are proud to offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k savings plan
- Seven paid company holidays and ten vacation days per year
- A company stocked kitchen for your hydration and snack needs