Nurture Life, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, is a subscription service that prepares wholesome, nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric dietitian collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our passion is to impact the healthy development of children.
In March 2019 we are opening a new production facility in Bedford Park, IL and are looking for a driven, organized office coordinator who can help our team manage the administrative aspects of operating our facility. The facility will include production, fulfillment, shipping and logistics, procurement and receiving, food safety and human resources. This role will assist in a variety of different areas as well as help to be a liaison between our business headquarters in the River North area of Chicago. We are a dynamic startup run by a leadership team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do. If you’re looking for an exciting and friendly environment that will value you and your contributions, please apply to join our team.
- Providing customers a phenomenal experience every time
- Sourcing and producing the highest quality products
- Investing in our people, our greatest asset
Your days will consist of…
- Greeting visitors and vendors, directing them to the appropriate person or place
- Answering incoming telephone calls and directing them as required
- Assisting our River North based shipping and logistics manager in printing, collating and batching pick lists and shipping labels for the fulfillment team
- Assisting our River North based marketing production manager in printing meal labels for the production team
- Assisting our food safety and quality manager with documentation and other needs in preparing for upcoming food safety audits, inspections and certifications as well as providing ongoing support as needed
- Receiving invoices, scanning electronically and sending to appropriate department
- Assisting the production team with recipe scaling and printing using our culinary software.
- Serving as a liaison between our business team in River North and our production and fulfillment team in Bedford Park
- Maintain KPI per plant manager’s direction
- Managing all office, printing and common area supplies, including organizing, stocking, restocking, fulfilling requests and rationing when it comes to things like snacks and beverages!
- Supporting our plant and operations manager and team as needed
We’d love for you to…
- Have 2+ years experience as an office or production facility assistant or coordinator
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Prefer and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the company both in person and virtually
- Have experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
We are proud to offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Seven paid company holidays and paid time off
- A company stocked kitchen for your hydration and snack needs