Marketing - Full Time
Nurture Life, headquartered in the River North area of Chicago, is a subscription service that prepares wholesome, nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies, toddlers and kids and delivers them weekly, straight to customers’ doors. Our team of chefs and pediatric registered dietitian collaborate on every menu to ensure meals meet the changing nutritional needs of growing kids while introducing them to new flavors and textures. Our commitment to sourcing and producing the highest quality products and delivering a phenomenal customer experience means peace of mind for our families. Our passion is to impact the healthy development of children and revolutionize mealtime for families.
We are looking for a creative graphic designer who will be ready to develop their existing skills by working directly with our Creative Director on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. This individual will be responsible for helping to execute the creative direction of campaigns. An understanding of typography, layout and illustrations across all media will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible. The ideal candidate is passionate about being part of a company that creates the very best meals for kids. Nurture Life is a rapidly growing startup in the food tech industry led by a team with decades of experience in the technology and food and beverage industries. We are committed to transparency and collaboration in everything we do.
- Providing customers a phenomenal experience every time
- Sourcing and producing the highest quality products
- Investing in our people, our greatest asset
Your days will consist of…
- Designing and producing attractive and effective digital assets and collateral including graphics for social media, digital and display ads, websites, videos, infographics, meal labels, etc.
- Developing print-ready materials like meal labels, customer collateral, box inserts and event materials as needed
- Offering input on creative and sharing ideas
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Assisting in photo shoots, editing and cropping of the images obtained
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
We’d love for you to…
- Have a wide range of design and creative capabilities as well as the ability to meet deadlines in high pressure environments
- Be an expert in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Have experience using G Suite (i.e. Gmail, Drive and Docs)
- Be detail oriented, organized, ambitious and a team player
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong visual storytelling aesthetic and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate your creative vision
- See projects through—from inception to production
- Maintain design standards
- Have the willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Have some creative industry experience (a plus)
- Have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (a must)
How to apply…
Send a thoughtful cover letter that speaks to how your experience and skill-set meet the qualifications for this role, attach a resume and include a link to your online portfolio of work. No exceptions.
We are proud to offer…
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation days and generous parental leave
- A company-stocked kitchen for mid-day snacks